View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #9
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

17+ AFR is leaner than you want at idle. It may creep there on occasion on a sound setup but shouldn't spend most of its time there.

Removing EGR on vehicles made after the 70's is just ignorant or motivated by vanity. It doesn't effect performance at all while at WOT (as it's off then) and it helps cool the engine after a hard run. As for the latter... MOST people couldn't give a shit what it LOOKS like under the hood. It kills me how people try every single trick they can to increase performance and at the same time nickle and dime themselves out of power based on the opinions of some guy with a mullet, '65 Mustang and 12 pack of Budweiser in his gut. Don't worry though, it's not going to kill your engine with it removed.

Are you having any issues with AFM related error codes? Are your AFR trends significantly different after cold starts vs warm? What do you mean by "preloading"? Brake boosting? The smoke is probably either running rich or oil... hard to say without seeing it myself.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote