Old 08-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
thenderson2011
Stock

thenderson2011 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwilson86 View Post
Where is this wire located?
Is it under the intake manifold?
Are you positive that both wires for your starter are connected?

I ask because the TEWD (wiring diagram) shows a Black wire with Blue stripe as the wire that engages your starter solenoid. The original connector is not an uninsulated female spade type as the one shown in your picture, but if it broke in the past someone may have replaced it with that as it will work for that type of connection...

As far as I know, there shouldn't be any problem having the grounds grouped together. There should be several there, as Toyota used that spot as a ground point for several systems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Looks like the starter solenoid wire to me too.

That's not the correct placement for those grounds but it'll work fine. They have their own boss where they connect on the intake manifold a little further back where nothing else attaches (that may be it in the picture) and I believe Toyota specifies a special fastener for it (certain alloy with two or three stacked washers pressed on it). There are circumstances where you cannot ground all lined to the same location (for noise reasons) but those are fine.
You guys were right, it was the starter solenoid wire. The plug in was a bitch to find but I found it. Now I'm not getting spark and the tach doesnt bounce when i try to start it. I'm going to try and move the grounds to the spot they're supposed to be and see if that changes anything, because it started fine before i took the motor apart.
thenderson2011 is offline   Reply With Quote