View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 03:39 AM   #1
thenderson2011
Stock

thenderson2011 is on a distinguished road
Default Changed HG, now starter won't crank?

Hello everybody!

I bought this car over two years ago, and have had a hell of a time with it since then. I paid a friend of mine to fix it (Horrible idea) and he changed the head, changed the had gasket, and threw it back together, with the timing gears set wrong and it not running, and told me to get it out of his yard. I then took it to a dealership, got it running, and 3 days later realized that since he reused the head bolts it was losing coolant again, so I decided to tear it down and fix it myself. This was last summer, and since then I have replaced every gasket I came across, and it is nearly complete. I have to get one more copper ring for a piece on my fuel rail, and then it will be put back together. My problem, however, is that when I had it all put together, before I realized I was missing the copper ring for the fuel rail, when I went to start it, the starter would not turn or click at all. I don't understand why, because before I took the motor apart, it didn't have any problems with the starter, and I didn't touch it while taking the motor apart.

I thought maybe it was my ground wires that hang by the intake manifold, but I took the white wires and the brown wires and grounded them to the manifold under a bolt that connects the upper part of the manifold to the lower. Is this a good connection spot, or could that be part of my problem?

This is my first time working on a car, so I could easily be missing something simple, so any suggestions would be great. I'm going to keep looking for things tomorrow, but as of right now I'm completely stumped.
thenderson2011 is offline   Reply With Quote