Thread: Engine Help!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 08:38 PM   #3
born2drv
Stock

born2drv is on a distinguished road

unfortunately i do not have the old engine. i actually moved from the east coast to west coast.... the car had been sitting back east... my dad "fixed" it for me there to drive back west... i only got as far as detroit unfortunately and i have to tow it all the way here to LA now (gonna cost me $1100 for towing).

so i just wanna get it done right this time and since i don't know any of the history of the car i have no idea how to proceed.... for all i know their could be internal problems with the engine and getting the head redone and replacing the gasket may not even solve the problem.

i found someone here called West LA Engine Rebuilders who will remove, remanufacture (all new parts including new pistons) and reinstall for around $3000, apparently they rebuild engines for dealerships and have 29 bays yadda yadda so i guess they are very big and legit and even give a 4 yr/48,000 warranty, but i'd hate to go through all that and still have problems.... plus $3000 is quite a bit of coin.
born2drv is offline   Reply With Quote