View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
MattS
Stock

MattS is on a distinguished road
Default Fix, sell, or junk?

I have a 97 TT auto with 266,000 miles (was stupid driving it all over the West Coast). Up to this point it hasn't had any major problems--hardly any problems at all. Need some help with issues it has started having:

Has started dying more and more coming to a stop and always dying coming to a stop after a downhill(too much air and not enough fuel I am guessing)???

Idles low, and sometimes rough, after warming up and generally need the AC on to keep it from dying while stopping--the higher I turn the AC on the higher the rpms when stopping. I assume vacuum leak and/or ICV? What does AC have to do with this issue?

When I turn overdrive off when slowing down the rpm needle drops 1000 then back up a few hundred which is when I know it will die--runs perfect on the highway with fairly strong engine.

Replaced VSS, but check engine came back on with same code.

Had oil change and they said major engine leak and small tranny leak. Put sealer in both to see if that would work. Left car in garage for a week and no
Big leaks.

Should I junk the car, engine swap, rebuild, sell to somebody for project? Needs new suspension but don't want to spend money on cosmetics for a car that wont run soon--would rather just move on to a new car.

Any answers/suggestions?

Thanks!
MattS is offline   Reply With Quote