View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
pandrade
12psi boost

pandrade is on a distinguished road

go ahead and get an after market one. for the price your better off a factory set up could handle give or take 400hp on a cold day( even that I wouldn't trust factory, its only built to give a max 15% increase in power as a safety net any more than that your begging for trouble). I bought a 4 row aluminum radiator from Megan racing and have massive success whit it.i auto cross on an air plane field which in Florida starts to climb to 100 degrees or so and I push my 7mgte HARD back to back runs and whit the aluminum radiator I never even see the needle so much as climb 10 degree.i would confidently put this rad in a 1000hp supra cause iv seen essentially the same one for 2jz's being used whith no issues what so ever. and the aluminum radiator looks soooo much better than the crapy factory one. here's the link to buy one very cheap and is a trusted website. they sell a few other options but for 220$ you get a 4 row radiator(they say 3 but its a typo they never fixed) which is a little over double the thickness of factory and I had to do a 5 minute mod to get it to fit.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part...diators//14878

Last edited by pandrade; 04-09-2013 at 01:32 PM.
pandrade is offline   Reply With Quote