View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

There may have been JDM coilovers available but nothing that I've ever heard of for the North American nor European markets. I think it's more likely that they're sleeves over regular TEMS compatible dampers.

There were some adjustable and preset after market controllers for the TEMS system, including more commonly known HKS unit. These units offered nothing more than threshold adjustment and more 'mode' options.

The adjustable coilover systems now available offer a HUGE amount of control... Some systems offer individual damper adjustment, smart dampening adjustment based on G sensor input (automatically stiffening outer wheels more when cornering and such). Some do a lot and really shame the TCCS into looking more like a retarded cousin who lives under the stairs... And some don't do much more than the stock TEMS system. Regional availability and affordability are often the kicker. Tein makes (or at least they did) a nice, affordable package. It doesn't have a million bells and whistles but it's not bad. If you go with coil overs and want computer controlled dampening but it's not in your budget you may want to look into getting coilovers which have the controller system available and just add that later.

Do NOT confuse coilovers with air bag suspension, the ride height on all coilover systems is still manually adjusted.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote