View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #42
MA70-3.0GT
12psi boost

MA70-3.0GT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
........Also, remember some of them (the knock-offs) flow fine and some live long, healthy lives, I'm just warning you to be careful because of their significant failure rate.....
That's the main issue with Chinese copy stuff, a lot of it is directly copied from the genuine article & nothing wrong with the actual design per-se, it's the quality control that's lax so far & as you say some are no doubt still flowing away happily, their owners smug for the great deal they got on a "Walbro pump" but would you want to chance it...

Personally, as in my other recent thread, I quite like the savings you can make on knock-off Chinese kit with care and luck & have had some good stuff (most recently a nice "Fluke" multimeter for ?20) and am considering some chinky 1600cc injectors from Ebay as they're about the same price as new "real" 440's and COULD be O.K. & would be all the injector I'd ever need for a big power build in future, but if I did get them I'd be doing some serious stripping, measuring, soaking in 10% ethanol fuel & having flow rates tested etc before use!

Anyway sorry for rambling, perhaps the best budget option for ochowdero could be a used JZA80 TT pump?

'89 Honda NC27 400, NC23 cams, open pipe, PC36a shock & possibly Showa USD forks...

'83 Yamaha 29R XJ750E-II, number 69 off the line, only runner in the country? Original except Koni shocks

'95 Honda PC26 CB500R, Winter hack, hateful, trying to sell it
I'm not paranoid, they really ARE after me!!!
MA70-3.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote