View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #11
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyps307 View Post
There's supras running 1000+hp on stock internals on pump gas all day
Prove it. Name even ONE Mkiv Supra Turbo that has this setup right now, and I'll personal get in touch with him/her to verify. If you won't or can't then please STFU because this is VERY BAD advice. Will you buy Mmeyer183 his new engine when he trys this and his #6 cylinder starts blowing large, dense clouds of bluish white smoke out his tailpipe?

Where are you getting this *bad* information? Please let me know so that I can set him/her straight too. Let me set you straight: There is no 3L 2jz-gte Supra on earth pushing 1000hp with only 93 (R+M)/2 octane fuel. Period.

Without water/meth injection, 1000hp on pump gas using a 3L 2jz-gte is completely impracticable. With an unlimited budget and no care for power:weight ratio, sure it's theoretically possible...for example, you could try rig up a system that cools the charge-air with liquid nitrogen. If you got the intake air cold enough (I'd guess the air would need to be maintained at about -150 degrees F during full boost), you *might* avoid detonation with 1000hp and pump gas using a 3L 2jz-GTE. Oh, don't forget that at -150 degrees F, the air (and therefore intake O2) would be MUCH more dense, so the air-fuel mix would need to be tuned appropriately to compensate.

Mmeyer183, if you're not on an unlimited budget, and/or you don't want to waste months experimenting and replacing expensive engine parts, make it easy on yourself and simply ignore Sonyps307's post.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 02-28-2013 at 11:36 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote