View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #14
Suprastudy
Stock

Suprastudy is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Yes. Be sure to check the rim diameter you need to clear the brakes. Next, check the sizes of the tires that you plan to purchase and use. You may not be able to get near-optimal 275s or 285s in the front, and 315s in the rear. Maybe you'll end up with 265s up front, and 295s or 305s in the rear instead. Also have one or two back-up tire brands/models in case the company stops producing your first choice. Lastly, get the rim widths to match the rubber you'll be running. When you come close to your decision, please feel free to post here, and we'll provide feedback.

Low profile, wide front tires will give you a MUCH more responsive turn-in. You'll be shocked when you switch from oem 235s to 275s or so up front. Of course, it'll be a bit harder on your power steering, so be sure to follow proper maintenance, and use good fluid (eg Redline Power Steering Fluid).

Hypothetically, if you widened the back tires, and kept the oem front tires the same width, it'd push in the corners (i.e. turn-in would be less responsive). That's why you have to upgrade both the front and the back widths simultaneously and proportionally.
I fully agree with pwpanas serves on point with the info.I am currently deciding to go with 9 x 19 with a +43 offset front wrapped in 265/35/and rear 11.5 x19 with +44 offset with 305/40/19 problem is I don't know how this will look nor how much body modifications I am gonna face.Any help?

Last edited by pwpanas; 03-22-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Suprastudy is offline   Reply With Quote