View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 02:48 AM   #60
flight doc89
3" Exhaust

flight doc89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraMan1784
mk4's with a good suspension setup and a lot of weight shaving will get the job done...the reason an mk4 and mk3 is hard to initially drift is because of its stock weight...taking out the rear seats is a good start, as well as all the amenities you dont need like a/c, radio...some bum tried to sell me a 240sx drift car with a full radio setup and a body kit, but not suspension or anything related to drifting....i obviously dint but it...i might as well start drifting my supra... but i wanna get the motor tuned properly before hand...dont wanna mess anything up
I've never driven a mk4, but my friends say that the stock mk3 suspension is way better for drifting than the mk4 cuz the mk3 suspension likes to throw out the rear end (just get on a dirt road at a moderate speed and take some easy turns; you'll feel it, and if you're like me you'll love it!).
About weight, how much do the rear seats weigh? With a full tank, my mk3 weighs over 3700 pounds (certified scale). (It weighs more than my mom's mercury sable!). How much weight can i take out, and how much will it help my drifting?
flight doc89 is offline   Reply With Quote