View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #30
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis89Turbo View Post
Okay have a few more updates. And they are not good news.

I pulled off my MAF, Coil, and igniter and tried them on another 2jzge together and individually and it ran great no miss or hesitation at all.

So I got thinkin about the compression again. I do know that the GTE is at 8.5 but there has been gray success running 9.2 on the ge at lower boost levels. I'm only shootig for 350hp with a t70. Anyways. I ran the car for a bit a couple different times to burn any oil from assembly out of he cylinder. Re dis compression test and wouldn't you know. 145 across the board until #6 which is 129. Now I know the compression would go down with the 1.3mm headgasket but everyone else says they are around 170 with the thicker gasket.

What I did to originally repair the compression is pulled the head off. Replaced rings in 6 cylinder all others were 170ish. I also replaced valve seals on all valves. However me not thinking did not pull the valves out to inspect them. I am wondering if I have slightly bent valves possibly?? I am almost to the point of pullin the motor and swapping to another GE. Or would u suggest just a head change? I really don't think its in the bottom end myself. But I am out of ideas.

I do have a map.ecu. But I would much rather get it running properly on factory ecu. Although I may try it. But the compression numbers are depressing. I am picking up a leak down tester to find out where i am loosing my pressure.

I have done the pressure test at 50psi. All checked out okay. I will wire up the map.ecu and try to play with it.
I'd assume you didn't notice any cracks in the #6 piston's ring lands (this is common when compression is low). A bent valve is unlikely, unless your previous config was interference? A bent valve on the top side almost never happens with the OHC+bucket config. A leak tester is an excellent next step. Good luck with it, and please keep us informed. If I were to just guess (which I don't like doing), consider replacing your #6 piston (i.e. not the head).

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote