View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #29
Travis89Turbo
12psi boost

Travis89Turbo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
1) Thanks for the update - much appreciated!
2) For what it's worth, I wouldn't call 9.2:1 "boost-friendly". Oem 2jz-gte is 8.5:1, and even that is only good for 15psi or so on 93 octane pump gas.
3) Ime, 12.5:1 a/f isn't really all that rich for cold-start. *shrug* However, I agree with you that 17:1 is crazy-lean - I'm guessing that's where your problem is (i.e. not the 12.5:1 on cold-start).
4) If you can obtain some sort of fuel controller to modify the maf signal (eg. APEX'i S-AFC or MAP ECU), you could try richening the fuel curve that way (above idle) - just as a troubleshooting step.
5) Guesses: Test for vacuum leaks. Bad IAC. Dirty injectors. *shrug* - I'll ponder it some more and re-post if I think of anything else. In the meantime, please do keep us updated.

Note: You can pressurize the intake with an air compressor to test for vacuum/boost leaks.

Okay have a few more updates. And they are not good news.

I pulled off my MAF, Coil, and igniter and tried them on another 2jzge together and individually and it ran great no miss or hesitation at all.

So I got thinkin about the compression again. I do know that the GTE is at 8.5 but there has been gray success running 9.2 on the ge at lower boost levels. I'm only shootig for 350hp with a t70. Anyways. I ran the car for a bit a couple different times to burn any oil from assembly out of he cylinder. Re dis compression test and wouldn't you know. 145 across the board until #6 which is 129. Now I know the compression would go down with the 1.3mm headgasket but everyone else says they are around 170 with the thicker gasket.

What I did to originally repair the compression is pulled the head off. Replaced rings in 6 cylinder all others were 170ish. I also replaced valve seals on all valves. However me not thinking did not pull the valves out to inspect them. I am wondering if I have slightly bent valves possibly?? I am almost to the point of pullin the motor and swapping to another GE. Or would u suggest just a head change? I really don't think its in the bottom end myself. But I am out of ideas.

I do have a map.ecu. But I would much rather get it running properly on factory ecu. Although I may try it. But the compression numbers are depressing. I am picking up a leak down tester to find out where i am loosing my pressure.

I have done the pressure test at 50psi. All checked out okay. I will wire up the map.ecu and try to play with it.

1995 Toyota Supra SE 71k miles. Master power T70
stock 2jzge

1989 Toyota Supra. 1jzgte swap 5 speed of course..
Driftmotion 60-1 single turbo kit. Cxracing FMIC. 2jz 550cc injectors... soon to come..... EMS Stinger. BC 264 cams 680cc injectors Spec stage 4 clutch and A LOT of boost!------SOLD

1999 Ford F350 diesel

2004 Jaguar XJR Supercharged

If it hasnt broke you haven pushed it hard enough!!

Last edited by Travis89Turbo; 01-17-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Travis89Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote