View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #27
Travis89Turbo
12psi boost

Travis89Turbo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by interested! View Post
Hi! , Reading through the history chat , I noticed you mentioned that the spark plugs have been changed , - Question ? - was the engine misfiring before you changed the plugs ,or after ? .
My history , Years ago - my mate changed his spark plugs for new ones only to find he had misfires , I convinced him to put the old ones back in , misfires gone - the NEW plugs were the problem ! , recommend changing the plugs for KNOWN good ones , - just a suggestion! ,sometimes the simplest things cause the most problems , NEVER be convinced that new plugs are blameless .
An old test is to disconnect one plug lead at a time ( at the coil /cap if plugs are hidden ) and run the engine each time and see if there is a noticeable change , thereby highlighting the offending cylinder ( misfire problems ) .

Yes the problem was present before the plug change. I changed them hoping they were the cause with no luck.

I do now have a Map.ecu that has a built in map sensor. I may just throw it on with a base map and hope it goes away. My good ol friend didnt show up yesterday to swap maf

1995 Toyota Supra SE 71k miles. Master power T70
stock 2jzge

1989 Toyota Supra. 1jzgte swap 5 speed of course..
Driftmotion 60-1 single turbo kit. Cxracing FMIC. 2jz 550cc injectors... soon to come..... EMS Stinger. BC 264 cams 680cc injectors Spec stage 4 clutch and A LOT of boost!------SOLD

1999 Ford F350 diesel

2004 Jaguar XJR Supercharged

If it hasnt broke you haven pushed it hard enough!!
Travis89Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote