View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #25
Travis89Turbo
12psi boost

Travis89Turbo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Gosh sorry to hear that.

Y'know, there still might be a problem with the air:fuel tuning too. Since it actually ran great a few times for you, it's tough to explain that if #6 is broken. Maybe with some heavier weight oil and a new oil filter you could keep troubleshooting - just until you get your shortblock swap squared away? Just a thought - maybe a bad one. *shrug*

Well I have an update for everyone. Unfortunately this problem is not gone, however i do now have proper compression, and a TT headgasket giving me a more boost friendly compression ratio of 9.2-1.

So... the problem still is it runs rich at start up avg. 12.5+/- It will run in that range for a while approx 5 min. Then drop off carzy lean 17+ at times my AEM AF gauge wont even read it. I have only ran the car for few mins at a time and is not off jack stands so im not going to drive it and do damage with the 17 AFR. The time frame in which it starts to bog and miss (when it falls to anything more the 15 AFR) has gone down drastically from when the problem very first started. Im out of options other then swapping parts. Which luckilty have a friend with a 2jzge in his mk2 that is nice enough to let me use his good parts. Im hoping for a bad MAF

I have a friend coming by the house in a couple hrs to let me try his MAF. If that is not the problem what else would you reccomend swapping to try and troubleshoot??

NEW O2 sensors as well.

1995 Toyota Supra SE 71k miles. Master power T70
stock 2jzge

1989 Toyota Supra. 1jzgte swap 5 speed of course..
Driftmotion 60-1 single turbo kit. Cxracing FMIC. 2jz 550cc injectors... soon to come..... EMS Stinger. BC 264 cams 680cc injectors Spec stage 4 clutch and A LOT of boost!------SOLD

1999 Ford F350 diesel

2004 Jaguar XJR Supercharged

If it hasnt broke you haven pushed it hard enough!!

Last edited by Travis89Turbo; 01-15-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Travis89Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote