View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #133
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmkop View Post
powersteering is sorted out now.can some one tell me right way to test the viscious fan.car still overheating wen driving hard flushed the radiator with new distilled water.am i supposed to be able to stop the fan with my hand wen she is hot.
Glad your PS is sorted out. What was the issue?

Regarding the fan, I've only ever had one go bad. It made nasty-loud whirring sound and was pretty much frozen stuck solid no matter what temperature the engine was at, but I don't think it was overheating - but I also think the owner never drove it hard with that loud whirring noise (if I recall correctly - it was a number of years back). We replaced the fan's clutch assembly (moved the blades from one to the other), and it fixed the whirring noise.

Is your oem fan shroud still in place? How about the thermostat - is that new? ...and is it oem-spec?

Reminder: No one should ever be doing work on the Mkiv Supra Turbo's powertrain without a copy of the Toyota Supra Repair Manuals (TSRMs). I'm sure there's a test for the fan in the TSRM, as well as a complete diagnostic procedure for overheating.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 11-25-2012 at 04:25 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote