View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 05:34 AM   #24
vikenabm
Stock

vikenabm is on a distinguished road
Default All tests above are completed

Okay, I think I've covered all your questions so far.

I verified fuel pressure, set it to 35. Only issues is that may AFPR leaks pressure a little too fast when the ignition is off. I don't think that is keeping it from running.

My injectors are correctly wired to both the ECU on one side and the injector resistor on the other side. THe injector resistor has a good ground.

My ignitor works, it is wired to the correct coil packs and plugs, and the plugs all fire in pairs as described in my write up on the first page of this thread. I hope what I write up is the correct wiring for the 7MGTE - it was the best I could figure from available sources.

I pulled all my plugs - one had a cracked ceramic insulator, don't know if it was firing. others were intact but ALL PLUGS WERE both WET with gas and black with soot, and there was a thin layer of gas on each piston.

My intake air pipes were sooty from sporadic intake runner ignitions.

My original ECU still doesn't run the car, though it cranks. It had no evident burned circuit board components when i took it apart. The new ECU still almost starts the car, it chugs along very rough for a second or two.

I swapped the electronics on the AFM. I'm using the one that came with the Lexus throttle body.

Any thoughts now?
K&N filter to Lexus AFM | 660cc RC | Holley 255 LPM FP | JE/Eagle internals | 2.5" hard pipes | Toyo high flow intercooler| S Sanchez ported head | 1.2mm beaded MHG | compression 9:1 w/0.5 overbore | modified ex mani | CXR 3" full exhaust | Slotted/drilled rotors |New WG spring @12psi w/ dual switching man boost | Colt Mild perf. Cams | Bosch BOV | XTD clutch | Tokico Illumina w/TEMS | ES bushings | 18" Pirelli P-zeros | Man AFPR | zeitronix wideband w/EGT probe | on-board race timer

Last edited by vikenabm; 09-30-2012 at 05:39 AM. Reason: completing the response
vikenabm is offline   Reply With Quote