View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin turbo supra View Post
so i just got a full engine rebuild that cost me a fortune... but the problem is at 4rpm i get not turbo boost... my mechanic assured me that evrything is 100% can please anyone help me!! any ideias, the car is no were near as fast than used to be!! any help would b much appreciated thanks.
Let's start from the beginning, ok?
  1. What is your model year?
  2. Was it originally a TT?
  3. Please list all modifications.
  4. What have you done so far to troubleshoot.
Obviously, your mechanic isn't competent to diagnose a problem with the Mkiv's full sequential twin turbocharging system. Are you willing to learn what it takes to do that troubleshooting yourself? Be forewarned: it's a somewhat complex/intricate system. Here's what you can read, just to begin to scratch the surface of what you'll need to understand:
http://mkiv.com/93-98-twin-turbo-faqs-2/#turbosystem1
http://mkiv.com/93-98-twin-turbo-faqs-2/#apu1

If you don't have the time to pick all this up yourself, let us know and we'll try to locate a properly experienced and equipped mechanic for you to go see in your area (yes, we can even help you find someone in north Ireland!).

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 10-12-2012 at 12:51 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote