View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 04:00 AM   #22
vikenabm
Stock

vikenabm is on a distinguished road
Default smoke

checked wiring - I pulled the dome fuse because there was a question of a minor short in that circuit. Otherwise, no short to ground. and so far haven't found any wiring faults doing voltmeter tests on the ECU. Here's what I did: jumpered the car with positive to positive and negative of the other car to the positive alternator output. Don't ask me why, in do know better. blew a fusible link and a a fuse, replaced these and had headlights coming on but not popping up, and not turning off with the headlight switch off. When I finished testing all the circuits for shorts and replaced fuses the lights worked normally and it was behaving pretty much normally, minus the dome light fuse, except the ECU, which I replaced. Now seems okay except the starting issue. Really no idea why the lights went haywire or how they resolved.

Not flooded - tried it several days, same result. Also, I usually disconnect injectors or injector resistor and then crank with throttle open to clear a flooded engine and that isn't helping with this problem.

I have a wideband
Fuel controller is the next purchase. once it starts.

No mods to the AFB and no cleaner on the sensor.

Don't sweat the time frame. I'm a weekend warrior mostly, but your rosey prognostication gives me hope, thanks. Couldn't work tonight, it's day by day.
K&N filter to Lexus AFM | 660cc RC | Holley 255 LPM FP | JE/Eagle internals | 2.5" hard pipes | Toyo high flow intercooler| S Sanchez ported head | 1.2mm beaded MHG | compression 9:1 w/0.5 overbore | modified ex mani | CXR 3" full exhaust | Slotted/drilled rotors |New WG spring @12psi w/ dual switching man boost | Colt Mild perf. Cams | Bosch BOV | XTD clutch | Tokico Illumina w/TEMS | ES bushings | 18" Pirelli P-zeros | Man AFPR | zeitronix wideband w/EGT probe | on-board race timer
vikenabm is offline   Reply With Quote