View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 05:05 AM   #3
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

87hilux7mge is on a distinguished road

the only things i can say is, he loves the m series motors. plus, the availability of a JZ motor around here...well is few and far between.

i mean, anyone can go grab a 383 and make 500+ with a shot of nos or a turbo/super. he loves tuning and loves these motors, so he rocked it. and i think he did a damn good job.

he also has a black n/a build that we were going to dyno, but didnt have time.

in all technicality, he could have swapped in a duramax or powerstroke, make WAY more power, and gotten 10 times the fuel efficiency out of it. would he have been happy with it? absolutely not.

anyway, its pretty sexy, and i think hes makin some damn good power, and theres alot more left on tap.

who can say they are tappin 450 plus on only 14 lbs of boost out of one of these motors? not many, in fact, not many motors period can accomplish that. i dont have the dyno sheet for it, but he was messing with the EBC on MSIII on day, and accidentally spiked to 28 psi. the reward, was staggering, he hit over 575 hp and 560 tq, at the wheels, in 92 degree heat. after WCF, he was over 600 by a long shot on both factors. all that through an auto tranny and a straight axle.