View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #39
vikenabm
Stock

vikenabm is on a distinguished road
Default ever fix this?

Old thread, but if you check back here, did you fix this? I had similar symptoms, ran horribly, very hot at idle. Did you check cam timing as well as ignition? and check for correct hook up of all coils from ignitor/to plugs? mistiming definitely could run rough, low power and very hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjSupra View Post
7M-GTE stock. AT. 131K. Symptoms:
Very low power since I've owned it. WOT 1.5 years back and the the car would turbo up and pull strong after low power not on the boost. Now, it is much weaker. Sat a lot in 1.5 years.

Recently in 55-65 degree F weather, the car temp shot up in a parking lot (after hwy driving 1.5 hours - but no high temp there except up not steep hill where my turbo boost sat at +4 and I saw the temp go way up).
The coolant makes horrible boiling gurgling noises. Very hot overflow reservoir.

Car idles at 600-650 instantly on start up. IF it starts. Always starts warm, but sometimes won't start no matter what when cold - cranks and cranks.

New batt, new water pump, new T Stat and I clipped toggle and drilled 4mm hole
TPS checks out in spec.
ECT seems to pass all ohm / volt testing correct. Alt working properly.
Each pair of spark leads shows pulse on timing gun. Set timing properly - or nearly to 11 degrees.
Pulled CPS and replaced seal and set correctly with timing gun.
Fuel pump sends fuel with FP - B+ jumped. Can hear whine from pump underneath rear of car too.

Car has sat a lot since 2004/5. Only occasional runs up and down private road. No info on HG / BHG or other issues.

Because it's sat around a lot, and previous owner just added 1-2 gallons of regular gas here and there and drove it 1/4 mile on occasion, I am thinking the fuel filter is clogged?? That's my new theory. I am in hopes it's super clogged and causing this all, the super low power, and the hesitation after trying to drive off normal from a full stop, and even the occasional refusing to start. Anyone want to chime in?

(have not check the AFM, or cold start injector - is that a joke where the access to get at the electrical connector and CSI or I am looking at the wrong thing?)

Thanks!!
K&N filter to Lexus AFM | 660cc RC | Holley 255 LPM FP | JE/Eagle internals | 2.5" hard pipes | Toyo high flow intercooler| S Sanchez ported head | 1.2mm beaded MHG | compression 9:1 w/0.5 overbore | modified ex mani | CXR 3" full exhaust | Slotted/drilled rotors |New WG spring @12psi w/ dual switching man boost | Colt Mild perf. Cams | Bosch BOV | XTD clutch | Tokico Illumina w/TEMS | ES bushings | 18" Pirelli P-zeros | Man AFPR | zeitronix wideband w/EGT probe | on-board race timer
vikenabm is offline   Reply With Quote