View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
Tedor
Stock

Tedor is on a distinguished road

Big thanks from sweden to you pwpanas!

It's a Euro Spec so the odometer most likely records Miles. Beacuse it only has 3" exhaust and FMIC I dont think they have ran too high boost.

The thing is that I have not brought the car yet, haven't seen it IRL yet. He is 250 Miles from me. Ofcourse I will do a Compresseion and Coolant system pressure test if he agrees. Both me and my dad are mechanics so if there is work to do there is no problem, parts costs a lot. We acctualy have acces to a pretty special tool when it comes to checking head gaskets. Ofcourse they could have changed the oil and claim there where no coolant in it.

You said the GTE motor dont have problem blowing headgaskets, lets say it's blown could I expect more that the car have 100K than 62K on the odometer and that it has been driven hard or without coolant? If so I will rip the whole motor apart and do a overhaul.

My thought about the ABS is that the car have been crashed and they replaced the hub with one without ABS, unfortunaly the seller says he dont know much about the car at all.

/Fredrik