View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #6
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedor View Post
...I recently came across a 1998 TT Targa LHD 6 speed with a good price that Im looking to buy but the problems are that there is a overpressure in the radiator system and the owner suspects a blown headgasket, no radiator fluid in the oil he says. If it is a blown headgasket then I not se any problems in fixing that. But it could be a few more stuff, like how big are the chanses that maybe the head or even the block got a crack in it?...
The Mkiv Supra Turbo (2jz-gte) never had any issue with blowing headgaskets, so this is very unlikely to be the issue.
You need to verify the no coolant in the oil thing yourself, after some very hard driving.
Quote:
...The car got 62K or 100K miles on it if I understood the owner correct. Is it easy to turn the odometer back? The car is from US but have been driven in England before coming to Sweden. The speedometer shows KM/H and the odometer should show Miles?
And what I know the car only have a FMIC and 3" exhaust besides that it is stock....
If the car has an FMIC, most likely the boost was raised using aftermarket parts. You need to have a compression test done on the engine - preferrably a leakdown test too if you can arrange it.
Quote:
...The other problem is that the Tracs and ABS lamps do lit. I dont care about the Tracs so maybe I just disconnect that but what I understand they have the same databox. He also said to me that the ABS light beacuse there are no sensor at the hub so that should make sens but why would you want to remove a ABS sensor?...
His answer don't make sense. The computers store the codes, and the trouble codes need to be diagnosed (not ignored).

Quote:
...He dont know to much about the car but I will se if I can get in contact with the previous owner tommorow. Sorry for my english, being from Sweden makes that my second language. Im a special auto mechanic so
Im not afraid of getting my hands dirty.
No worries - glad to help. Keep the questions coming!

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.