View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
Tedor
Stock

Tedor is on a distinguished road
Default Overpressure in radiator system + ABS and Tracs problems + odometer

Hi!

I dont know if I put this thread right but I give it a try. Im new to supras, never owned one but thats about to change. Superpumped about that!

I recently came across a 1998 TT Targa LHD 6 speed with a good price that Im looking to buy but the problems are that there is a overpressure in the radiator system and the owner suspects a blown headgasket, no radiator fluid in the oil he says. If it is a blown headgasket then I not se any problems in fixing that. But it could be a few more stuff, like how big are the chanses that maybe the head or even the block got a crack in it?

The car got 62K or 100K miles on it if I understood the owner correct. Is it easy to turn the odometer back? The car is from US but have been driven in England before coming to Sweden. The speedometer shows KM/H and the odometer should show Miles?
And what I know the car only have a FMIC and 3" exhaust besides that it is stock.

The other problem is that the Tracs and ABS lamps do lit. I dont care about the Tracs so maybe I just disconnect that but what I understand they have the same databox. He also said to me that the ABS light beacuse there are no sensor at the hub so that should make sens but why would you want to remove a ABS sensor?

He dont know to much about the car but I will se if I can get in contact with the previous owner tommorow. Sorry for my english, being from Sweden makes that my second language. Im a special auto mechanic so
Im not afraid of getting my hands dirty.

Thank you!

Best Regards Fredrik / Sweden