View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #14
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Since you're still not looking at a major build I'd match the crank to the electronics being unless you have a specific reason to do otherwise or one of the cranks is in poor shape. The 7M crank would be my preference out of the two as a starting point for a big build though but it would end up somewhere in between a 7M and a 6M as far as weight and form.

The rivet shows there's a MLS HG installed. The stamping was put there by a shop who worked on it... I'm really only used to seeing anything more than a label with serial number on the timing cover unless a very significant amount of work has been done to the engine and or head. Any similar markings on the block?

The scribble on the side is a positive... thus you know it was actually something cut into the mold. It's a mold identifier, you find those on all heads. Sometimes there's just one or two numbers and sometimes there's a good deal more. It usually is information used only at the plant and just specifies which casting revision it is and specifically which mold. IIRC, there are 27+ known different castings for the 7M head... I'm not certain about the number right now, I'd have to sleep on it.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote