View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
xThermoNucleaRx
Stock

xThermoNucleaRx is on a distinguished road

I just pulled my motor about a week ago for some bottom end upgrades and this is how I went about it:
Dropped the Glove box and d/c'ed the ECU and pulled the harness through the firewall, it may take a little work. There are still a few connections to unhook however.
Then pulled the radiator, PS pump, A/C, and d/c'ed the exhaust and pulled it out of the way.
Removed the intake to the round intake thingy( called Air Intake or something) to access the starter and then removed it.
Took out the bellhousing and motor mount bolts.
Loosened the fork in the transmission by removing slave cylinder.
Double checked to see if any other thing (hoses and such) was still connected and d/c'ed it.
Then pulled that baby out and hung it on a stand.

I'm sure I forgot some stuff but, this was just off the top of my head. As far as head removal, the Haynes manual is pretty much spot on. Hardest part will be placing the head back on since its a heavy s.o.b. Get another person to help with that one. Before installing the head, make sure to tap out your head bolts holes and try to make sure the block and head surfaces are to spec. If not, pull the engine and have a shop do it.
Hope this helps