View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
carl johansson
3" Exhaust

carl johansson is on a distinguished road

CRE,
So truely sorry to hear of all the poop piling up on you. Hope your dads getting better, and the puppy thing gets resolved. You have been incredibly helpfull to me on this project. Turns out the lights were no issue, I just wired up a simple switch from the battery to the lights, and repurposed the rearwindow brake light as a tail light, and left the brake lights alone - worked like a charm. The original lights I bought at Harbor freight were crap, but the did have the layout that worked. Then I just robbed the offroad rally lights off my 4 runner and repurposed them, they worked fine.

car was running great, then went down early - only 5 hours in, with a BHG. brand new head gasket - we had finally gone through the engine and freshened it up. Prior to that the thing ran 225 hours of racing without any issues, never had and head gasket or other issues, so I guess we wwere lucky. i'm going to tear it down today to see what I can learn!

sorry again about all the stuff going on, hope life gets back on the upswing for you and your family!

Carl
carl johansson is offline   Reply With Quote