View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nassol562 View Post
what is the easiest way to clean up a engine bay for a mk3 supra.
A couple cans of VERY STRONG gel degreaser and a power washer but you'll be sorry.... :P

Seriously, For the first wash I've always had good luck with a strong gel degreaser such as that made by Engine Brite and following the directions to the "T". Cover the Igniter, coil (or coil packs), distributor (or CPS), alternator, etc. and hose off anything from the head up with just a mist or shower setting on a garden shower head... scrub any tough residue with a dish brush from the kitchen. Below the head using a more power sprayer is fine but be careful of over spray soaking something it shouldn't (not a power washer though, just as much pressure as your hose can provide).

Wait a week and repeat if needed. This way any small amounts of water that did seep in where it's not wanted will have time to evaporate and you avoid shorts due to the water accumulating.

After the first couple washes a light biodegradable degreaser and a hose with the shower nozzle every month or two will be sufficient to keep the bay clean. Don't get in the habit of doing it all the time, you'll dry out belts and hoses. I wash mine once every 3 to 4 months, sometimes longer. Dust accumulates but I still get compliments on how everything is "spotless".
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote