View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
carl johansson
3" Exhaust

carl johansson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Let's try to keep this more politically correct guys.

Carl, can you give us some more info on what all has been removed? Is the Fuel system still in tact? Is the TPS properly calibrated and have you tested the IDL switch? If you're not using the ISCV where have you plumbed in your throttle bypass inlet?
Oh boy Cre,
now you moved right past my expertise. My job on this team is suspension, Tires, and logistics. I got thrown ito this through a series of unfortunate events.
The guy who has done all the electronics and engine work, knows this engine, and the plumbing and electronics has had a rough 3 weeks, watching a family member die, and having to make decisions about when and if, etc. So that being said, he has been out of town for 3 weeks. And unavailable either emotionally of physically during that time.

My backup technical advisor lives in Detroit, (me and the car are in California), so it's tough getting ahold of him, with the time change and work schedules.

Originally the Engine builder and i were going to do this engine swap 2 weeks ago, to have it ready for testing, before the 24 hour race this coming weekend. once he became unavailable, I was the only option. i'm doing my best, and you guys have been a big help, but lack of knowledge and running all of this solo, that has been a challenge.

Essentially i pulled the old engine, that had run strong for 225 hours of racing, and tried to carefully switch over everything to the new motor, then tried to hook up the wiring harness exactly like it was. I did label everything I unplugged, and am sure i have those parts replugged into the correct place. Where I fell down, is i did not mark the things that were previously unconnected and unused, It didn't dawn on me that I would be left wondering if i missed something after the switch.

So to try and answer the best I can:
Don't know what the ISVC is, so can't tell you what we have done, i assume we have removed it, and if we remove it, we typically plug whatever vacuum lines there are.
I believe the fuel system is in tact, but we do not use the cold start injector, or the EGR system.

I can tell you that on the top of the intake manifold, there is a fitting with a banjo bolt and a sensor. the banjo bolt tube leads to the top of the fuel rail. The tube is in place, byt there is nothing plugged into the sensor.
There are 2 cut off wires dangling there, black and red, and red and black.

I think the TPS should be OK, it was working fine, when it came off the old engine.

I just got a late recruit arriving, so first things first, we will fool with the timing - hopefully, thats all this thing needs!
carl johansson is offline   Reply With Quote