View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
interested!
3" Exhaust

interested! is on a distinguished road
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayja View Post
I have found the missing ground issue and hooked them to the right place and still have no spark. The fuel pump does not come on unless I jumper at the check connector. The only error code I am getting is 51. Does it sound plausible that everything is working through the ECU and the problem would be coils or ignitor? If the ECU thinks its inputs are good and sends the required signals out, but spark never happens, does the ECU know?, or this this flawed logic? This car is driving me crazy! I have had spark only twice for a few rotations and then nothing. I have searched the forum and checked everything I can find, new connectors, etc. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Hi! Can you give us some history of what happened? - was the engine running then stopped ? or are you rebuilding ? or just trying from scratch?
Question? - have you thoroughly checked the ground from the coil plate to cylinder head ? --no continuity-no curcuit! -no spark! , also have you checked ALL the grounds UNDER the inlet manifold? .All grounds complete a curcuit , the most important are : Battery to body , Body to Engine / Engine to Battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo-0490.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	4619  

Last edited by interested!; 06-27-2012 at 12:07 AM. Reason: extra info and photo of coil plate ground wire .
interested! is offline   Reply With Quote