Thread: 7MGE potential
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
pandrade
12psi boost

pandrade is on a distinguished road

from reading alot of threads about 7m to gte swaps, i can tell you the 7m- ge does not have that much potentol sadley. the most iv ever read about was like 330hp whith ALOT of cash into it (the guy said looken back now doing a gte swap would have been cheaper and more power).

for the ge you could do full exshause/ intake, cams, heads ported and polished, ligher and stronger valve train, high comp pistons and matching rings, lighter internals, balance the crank, scrap the mechanical fan,AEM computer and full tune all of this would BURN ur wallet whith out very satisfactory results.

i hate bringing other cars into this fourm but look at the 370z its a 3.7 liter N/A and whith the most modern teck it can only squizze 330 hp, the guys that i know in the local Z club tel me the most power they got was 390hp whith about 4k; now take a look at the 7m-ge 3.0 liter N/A and old teck its not gona come any where near 330 whith out alot of cash