View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Cakes
Stock

Cakes is on a distinguished road
Default Losing power at 2k rpm.

What's up everyone? I have a little problem at the moment that's driving me crazy!

Alright so just picked up an 87 N/A auto, that has been sitting for about a good 7 months. Bought it cheap, an lets just say I got what I payed for. The day after I picked it up I started going through an cleaning/ inspecting what it further needed to get it going till I do a swap. Replaced the cam seals, plugs, wires, exhaust manifold gasket (previous one was blown), an flushed everyhting. Oh also did a thorough inspection of all the lines, obviously. Buuut I screwed up somewhere around cleaning the TB an took off the TPS, after thinking I had set it up properly it doesnt rev past 2k with the pedal but will with the throttle wide open manually, takes a little time though. Afterwards sounds like it wants to stall out under 500, then rises back to 7-800 an idles fines. Actually does everything fine till it hits 2k I've checked this over and over again an can not seem to get it right. I'm at a lose and would like another opinion or two.

Damn almost forgot I have 41 popping up, so is that a new TPS? or am I retarded and can't calibrate it right? I dont see how it could be a short, and I'm pretty the ECU is fine.
Cakes is offline   Reply With Quote