View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #6
pandrade
12psi boost

pandrade is on a distinguished road

im not 100% shure but yes throgh thoes years they should all be the same. regardless of what year mk3 the struts are the same and are going to cost the same, if you would like performance shockes the gr2's are WAY better then what u have now but they leave something to be desiered( alot actualy)
check this out
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...87&autoModClar

great prices and the cheapest iv seen shocksfor our year mk3 so far, the koni's are adjustable so if your gona be a monthley racer this is for u the bilsines are good all over but cannot be adjustable( if you want bolt on quality performance whith out having to tune your suspension go whith bilstine. if you want adjustability and dont mind dialing them in for street, then your race, then back go koni's) the gr2's are cheap and comfy thats IT

im not 100% shure but the factory has told me if you use lowering springs whith the gr2's and factory shockes you will blow them VERY fast since there not desighned to be compressed so much time ( the lower the car more compresed your shock is) the bilsines and koni's can handle the added sress no problem. i wouldent buy the eiback springs i like H&R since they are linear vs progressive rates( not as comfy but better and more predictable handaling)

when i first rescued my mk3 i installed new rack and pinion both tie rod ends, rebuilt all the brakes , new shockes, and the ball joints are VERY expensive so i have yet to do them,a new master clutch cyliner, and new road raceing aluminum radiator. this is what i deemed necessary and my supra doesent ever give me any issues( my clutch just gave out but that was my fault from raceing and launching it at autocross) and 130kmiles dident help the clutch