View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #14
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989toyotasupraandpickup View Post
1) could the oxygen sensor work then crap out the next day meaning can it go bad anytime?
2)could the wideband sensor be bad, sending a false reading to the computer or gauge
3) is the wideband sensor hooked up to the computer of the car acting like a secondary ox sensor?
4) would a bad egr valve cause the car to run rich or does it act like a boost leak?
1) They're very delicate and part of the actual sensor is ceramic. If dropped or subjected to similar shock they can be easily ruined. Yes, it is possible, but it's not all that common for a relatively new sensor to just die on its own over night.

2) and 3) It depends entirely how the wideband is setup and what it's capable of. Most wideband controllers have at least one analog output which can be used to emulate the stock narrowband sensor allowing you to remove the stock sensor. I couldn't tell you how yours was installed... You'll need to figure that out on your own. If the wideband is supplying an emulated narrowband signal to the ECU you MUST NOT connect a narrowband sensor. Typically in these installations you would delete the engine bay wiring for the narrowband sensor altogether and plug the sensor's bung.

4) No and neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green7mgte View Post
your grasping at straws here.. you said it yourself, it ran fine before I replaced the manifold.. replace the gasket and make sure to use the correct torque this time... oh and yea. get a new 02 sensor. 50 bucks @ summit..
Agreed. Go back over everything you handled. You didn't drop or spray cleaner into the AFM, I hope....?
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote