View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #12
1989toyotasupraandpickup
Stock

1989toyotasupraandpickup is on a distinguished road

well got the car running today. when i started the car it ran really lean. 17.5 on the afr gauge. and at idle. just stays there and when i push the throttle it goes to like 15 or so. I bled the radiator again to make sure all the air pockets were out and there were some air pockets in there. when the bubbles came out the car started to run rich again at 12.3 again. could the oxygen sensor just have gotten bad. took a look at the spark plugs and they are brown like they should be. seems to be burning good. some carbon on the rim of the spark plug. it runs good just the gauge says its running rich. Replace wideband sensor?????? its just really weird how it was running fine before i took the manifold off. not the same as it ran before. replaced all the vacuum lines and made sure they were all hooked up correctly. could a bad egr valve cause the car to run rich or act like a boost leak??? i did replace it with one that was on a spare car in the junk yard being that i broke the original one when i took off the manifold!!!! so my questions are
1) could the oxygen sensor work then crap out the next day meaning can it go bad anytime?
2)could the wideband sensor be bad, sending a false reading to the computer or gauge
3) is the wideband sensor hooked up to the computer of the car acting like a secondary ox sensor?
4) would a bad egr valve cause the car to run rich or does it act like a boost leak?
1989toyotasupraandpickup is offline   Reply With Quote