View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #9
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989toyotasupraandpickup View Post
its running rich on idle. before the i replaced the manifold gaskets at idle the car would run at 14.7 on the afr gauge. now that i put it back together i find that the car idles at around 12.5 or so. no codes that i have found but the check engine light will not light up if there is a code. it does turn on when i turn the key to the on position indicating that the light works. i have to jumper the terminals in the diag box to find if there are codes. really weird. my truck is the same way. but i think i may have found the problem. it may have been a broken signal wire to the oxygen sensor just off the down pipe. its a shielded wire. i fixed it and put a new connector on and decided to replace the main front crank seal seams i have it all ripped apart and the old one was dry rotted. i will have it running by tomorrow hopefully.

The AFR will be around 13, maybe a little richer, when the ECU is operating in open loop (cold starts, bad ECU temp sensor, bad TPS signal, no OX signal, etc).
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote