View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 04:17 AM   #9
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy_91 View Post
I've read other threads that say the wooting noise is common with improperly adjusted BOV/BPV.
Where? This isn't accurate... at least not for the situation I think you're describing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy_91 View Post
Its not a whoosh.....its definitely a woooot sound. I used to have the flutter sound like ch ch ch ch sssshhh, but not anymore.
Ok, flutter = b a d. I'd need more specifics to really give any opinion on the "woot" you're hearing. The discharge sound will vary depending upon the configuration of the vehicle's intake. The Bosch sounds much like the stock BPV but as you didn't have a good one to start with it's a moot point. If you have a large, open element air filter you'll have a louder "woosh" kind of sound. Check your vacuum tubing to be sure there aren't leaks which may be causing the BPV to open slow or just partially.

There should be no sound WHILE you are boosting. If there is the most common causes (as well as causes of the code 34) are: #1 boost leak, #2 bad AFM, #3 shot wastegate and #4 bad turbo.

An improperly setup EBC shouldn't really affect the vehicle as you are describing but anything's possible. A wiring problem would be more likely. Personally, I'd remove the unit until everything else is fixed.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote