View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #36
fastsupra
3" Exhaust

fastsupra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Again, if you don't mind me asking, why waterless? A water-cooled turbo is significantly more reliable. The penny-pinching Toyota accountants wouldn't have allowed water-cooled oem twins if it wasn't fiscally beneficial.

1) Why didn't you get a complete fuel system? Those injectors are useless without all of the extra plumbing, pumps, fittings, relays, wiring, brackets, etc.
2) You don't need an AEM to run only 650rwhp.
3) If you're getting an AEM 100% for sure (for whatever reason), then get it installed and running perfectly with the oem twins first. Then put on the 100% complete fuel system and get that working with the AEM. After that put on the turbo kit. If you make all of the changes at once, among other things troubleshooting will be a nightmare.

You can run 650rwhp just fine with the oem maf and a simple 'piggyback' fuel controller. If anything, there's too much on your list already, other than the need for wider rims and tires to handle the additional horsepower (unless you want to just sit there spinning instead of going fast). Oh, the oem clutch won't handle 650rwhp. Let me know if you have any questions about clutch upgrades.
I just purchased the Sound Performance fuel system with the 255 dual walbro pumps and 880cc injectors and I was just wondering about how much power my setup will be able to handle. Also, will a Greddy 3 row intercooler be able to handle 700whp or will i need to upgrade it?. Last and final question, how do you calculate how much boost you can run on pump gas safely?
fastsupra is offline   Reply With Quote