Thread: HG Job
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 02:15 AM   #1
spudz29212MKIII
3" Exhaust

spudz29212MKIII is on a distinguished road
Default HG Job

Hey guys,

Finally, after two long years, I've got the time and motivation to rip the head off and fix this damn BHG. Break down is going smoothly (cept the turbo elbow bolts and nuts rusted damn good to the downpipe) and I will probably be in need of help/advice in the coming week(s) with more important issues but for now I just wanted to throw a quick question that's been bugging me since I started. Well, ever since I drained the oil back when and pulled the valve covers a couple days ago I've been admiring all the Yoo-Hoo chocolate milk this BHG has produced...Now, whats been bothering me is how do I / how have y'all cleaned the remainder of that milky crap from the crankcase? I don't want to deal with dropping the oil pan mind you. What have the rest of y'all done about this? Just build it back up, get it running, and change the oil like 2-3 times in a 4 day period?

Even though It's been parked since the white smoke, I want to be sure that I have done all I can to achieve the least amount of damage to the bearings in the crankcase. Any advice or personal experiences would be much appreciated, thanks y'all.