View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to break my own rules and just answer with "search". This has been covered very well in the past.

I believe the 1JZ-GTE is missing the EGR system and is tuned differently than a USDM 1JZ equipped vehicle would be. Technically, if they know what they're looking for you'll never pass quite simply due to the lack of the EGR system.... but you'll seldom hit a tech THAT thorough and knowledgeable. Just install the system as close to stock as possible and in the worst case if you fail emissions you may just need to add a fuel controller and tweak your ignition timing to pass. It shouldn't be a big ordeal though or you'd find a lot more info about it when you search for information on the swap.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote