Thread: issues
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 05:06 AM   #1
Dues Ex Machina
Stock

Dues Ex Machina is on a distinguished road
Default several issues weird stalling

most of this stuff has probably been discussed somewhere before but im new to this forum and would appreciate it if you guys would point me in the right direction.

i have an 88 supra non turbo, ive had it for about 2 months or so maybe more. ever since i got it, it has a stalling problem. at first not very often. then started getting worse and would stall at every light. i took it to a mechanic and they couldnt figure it out, he said he rewired the idle control sensor but thats about it. it improved slightly but still wld stall. i then took it to another guy who claims to know older engines and he said he tweaked it a bit. said the timing was way way advanced, the cold start injector wasnt connected and lowered idle a bit. it ran way better, still the occasional stall never the less. anyway now for some reason my car on the way home flicked a couple lights on the dash and died as i stopped in my driveway. i thought it was weird so i tried to turn it on again and it cranked really slow and didnt start. tried again and it cranked really slow again then made the famous battery dead clicking noise. i tried again and it still cranked slow but managed to turn on but now it doesnt seem to want to stay running unless i give it gas. voltometer on dash reads lower on acc. and slightly lower when running. i bought a new battery at autozone because they said it was no good and now a battery later still the same. any ideas?

sorry for the long post just thought u guys needed to know the details.

Also, I tried the alternator test where I pull the pos lead from battery while car is running and it stayed running...

Last edited by Dues Ex Machina; 05-07-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Dues Ex Machina is offline   Reply With Quote