View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #1
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Too quick for your own good? When did you last get a ticket?

So here I am, driving with my wife who's having a friggin' anxiety attack because we're running late to the closing for our new house... Thanks to the eternal state of road construction that has over taken Colorado. So we finally get to the highway. I fall back in the acceleration lane for a woman in a minivan in the right lane who's doing a whopping 40MPH and on the phone. I signal and merge in behind her. Pause for a woman in a SUV from Ohio (instead of getting in front of her at a distance which could be considered cutting her off, although most people would have done it anyway... so I'm on the highway doing 40 now (posted minimum of 45MPH, BTW). I finally signal and get behind Ohio (Who is now ALSO ON THE PHONE). I signal again and move into the far right lane and step on it to get ahead of the dumbasses.... BAM! 'Chips' in the median pointing at me...

I'm like WTF?!?! I only just stepped on it. Well, I probably did get get past the 65MPH speed limit... Nope... WELL past the speed limit which they just happen to recently have changed to 55MPH. :stickpok eI'm not going to fess up to how fast I was going... I'll just say if I was a decade younger they could have probably just taken my license on the spot (Hey, I was excited, agitated, nervous, distracted, etc.). I can admit I blew it, but I'm still not sure if I believe his radar gun.... I'm sure I was only at part throttle and only a few psi of boost....

I think I really need to trade my car for something completely gutless... A DSM? FR-S/BRZ? WRX? Turbo Del Sol ?

Well, anyway, I haven't had a ticket in a long time so I can get away with saying... fuck it! lol. I'm done with all the dancing around with contractors and inspections and got a good amount of packing done and can begin renovating and moving!
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote