Thread: Lexus afm
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Narrowband meters (the kind with just red, yellow and green LEDs and just connect to the MKIII's factory sensor) are about as worthless of a device as you can get. Narrowband sensors are purely an emissions control device and ONLY provide the ECU with a YES/NO signal... Yes the mixture is 14.7 or No, it's not (it actually says one of three thrings: rich, 14.7, lean but doesn't say how rich or lean). If you're runing a narrowband meter, toss it... unless you just like the light show. Get an Innovate Motorsports LC-1 or AEM UEGO installed.

As for copying someone else's setting.... forget it. Not when tuning and not when you've already altered things from stock. The whole point of the Lex AFM mod (which I mentioned in the FAQ article) is that for the most part it can be dropped right in (injectors and meter) and run. Tuning there after needs to be done to smooth out rough spots and ensure there are no lean spots and is SPECIFIC to YOUR car.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote