View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 12:16 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure the SAFC II has tip-in and tip-out adjustments. I know the MAFT Gen II and MAFT Pro do.

2fast4u , are you looking to install a BOV/BPV which vents to atmosphere or replace the stock unit? Venting to atmosphere will most likely result in driveability issues unless you add some electronics to tune for the discrepancy when the BOV discharges. Replacing the OEM unit should be obvious unless you're looking to use a different make/model.

Most aftermarket models will require a bung to be welded onto the intake piping somewhere between the intercooler and throttle body. The BOV/BPV often comes with the bung supplied. Get it welded in somewhere and pay attention when deciding on the location that you don't put it somewhere that's going to be problematic once the BOV/BPV is attached. Then, connect the vacuum signal hose which ran to the stock BPV to the new unit and if needed tune the new unit accordingly.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote