View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just stupid mechanics... It's the ignorant young guys who don't stop to think that a head, block deck and crank THAT long need to be PERFECT. Who don't realize that that light pitting is a killer. Who flat out fail to consider that it's an OLD engine. Hell they don't even have hypereutectic alloy pistons... many builders expect that as the most basic engine at least have that (the 1JZ does). Then there are the cheap owners who THINK they bought a cool car that was a complete bargain. Age isn't a friend of any of these engines nor is the fact that for a decade now they've been so affordable and over-glorified that 90% have been bought up and trashed by stupid little kids. Stupid little kiddies will trash just about anything but these are a favorite because they're often cheaper to find (not keep running or repair though) and it's not the same Honda that all of their friends are driving around and trashing. Finally, there's the fact that the car itself just wasn't that robust. It was Toyota's car for the weekend driver and a showcase for the latest and greatest technology... unfortunately half of the materials they used were later found to age horribly... of course this goes for many 80's cars from many manufacturers.

Shall I continue ranting? It's been about 15 minutes since I've had a good venting.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote