View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

87hilux7mge is on a distinguished road

yea, i have totes full of bags of injectors of various sizes, so ive got options. project idea was: i just bought an 89 sentra with a 1.6 and 5 speed. great on gas, still pretty snappy, and everything on the car works (down to the a/c). ive got a couple extra m62 superchargers sitting around, and since this 1.6 is TBI with lots of space between the hood and TB, i could plop one of those on there, use a bolt to hold the bypass open and limit boost to about 4-5 psi, and have a nice lil cruiser that still got good mileage.

the m62 only uses about 2-5% engine power when at part throttle cruise with the BPV open, so highway mileage would still be great, but town driving would see a wallop of increase. what im trying to prevent, is running lean and detonation. so i wanted to plumb an extra injector in there, run with a pressure switch that kicked on at 3-4 psi to add some extra fuel.

i know its ghetto, but i figured hey, the trucks almost done, talon is running for the time being and ive got other extra vehicles around here to drive if need be; why not dick with the perfect running one?? haha.