View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
Killa B
3" Exhaust

Killa B is on a distinguished road
Cool w58 extention housing ?

Okay im planning on doing a transmission swap Auto to manual however when i got my w58 transmission i lacked the knowledge that the extention housing on an MKII w58 was shorter than the MKIII w58. ive waited and waited and searched a 250 mile radius at the pick a parts for a w58 out of a mkIII however im always too late and someone has already got it by the time i get there ive been putting this swap off for wayy to long and i really want to get started i have all of my parts just worried the shift column isnt going to be able to get into 1st 3rd or 5th so is there anyway i can cut this corner? Or does anyone know a place i can buy a used extention housing for fairly cheap ive already got an arm and leg in this.. Does anyone know what the measurement in difference is between the MKII w58 and the MKIII w58 i was thinking of making a custom shim to go inbetween the two halfs of the transmission and using rubber gasket on both sides with longer bolds and then just buying new shift rods for an mkIII.