View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

No idea, but I bet the atomization is crap. If you're thinking water or meth injection I'd look for a decent, used fuel injector.

At any rate it's easy enough to measure flow at 100% duty cycle. Connect the actual pump you'll be using, and supply the injector 12v for 6 seconds.... measure what sprayed into the glass or graduated cylinder. Multiply by 10. Keep in mind that you don't want to run any injector on a 100% duty cycle for very long. The odds are that it won't be long lived if you do. Under normal circumstances the pressure may be below that of normal operation given that it is only open while the starter is cranking and then only for a few seconds before the sensor warms up and cuts power. I really think you should test with the pump you're planning on using.

Additionally, you cannot use the CSI time switch to control the injector (unless you only want it to spray when the engine is cold and then for only about 5 seconds).
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote