View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
but when i drive it my turbo kicks in is this ok because i heard that i shouldnt let the boost gauge go over zero and if i do this its really slow like cars line up behind me
If you've prepped everything properly it's not going make a big difference if you go over a couple psi. Staying at zero is unrealistic. Honestly, IF everything was properly prepped and installed you'll be less susceptible to issues as everything settles than if you had used head bolts.... But I seldom give anyone the benefit of the doubt.... So I'm going to say 'it's going to burn and you'll be driving a Honda in a week'.

If this was just a head gasket job you don't need to worry so much if everything was done "by the book". Just driver it mildly until it has been through a few heat cycles and retorque accordingly. ARP states that it is not necessary to retorque their head studs if they were installed to the specified 90 some ft lbs using molybdenum grease.... I still retorque them, it's cheap insurance.

If you've done something wrong (like not getting the block deck machined and installing a MHG) well, you're screwed anyway... It's just a matter of when it bites you in the ass (it's usually sooner than later).

RECAP: Drive like a SANE inner-city driver for a couple days, retorque, be done but inspect after 1000 miles.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 04-14-2012 at 08:11 PM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote