View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The term is heat cycle. It's more a matter of getting everything with a different expansion rate to nestle in good and cozy not just gaskets. There aren't any thermal setting seals in this vehicle.

Drive the car until it's up do normal operating temperature and keep it there for 5+ minutes. Take it home and let it cool completely. Repeat. After about 5 to 10 full heat cycles you should torque the head fasteners and inspect for any leaks. Then, check torque again after a few hundred up to a thousand miles.

I agree with taking it easy even after the first retorque session simply because if you've done something wrong it'll blow with less of a show than if you were racing. Use the time to make sure everything is perfect.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote